Photo via: sherwin-williams.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Fantastic entry! now just make it so you can cover that up when it storms and its like a perfect little shelter to watch the rain! would want it to be bigger with more space though.
- Just outside of Hamburg, Germany, the home of 22-year-old student Charlotte Wiesiolek is the fall hideaway of our dreams: full of twinkly string lights and piled on textiles, join us on a tour of Charlotte’s space and get her tips for how to make your own place perfectly cozy. Photos by Moritz Peters Safe to say your place is pretty amazing: can you share more about it? I live in the attic story of an old building, and I love the rustic feel of my place and the original wooden roof beams, which give me the chance to hang plants everywhere or pin stuff on the beams. Overall, it feels pretty unique living up here under the roof. I stick my head out of the side of my room and I can see for miles. Also I get to experience many amazing sunsets up here. Can you share more about your daily life? What’s a typical day in the life like for you? I get up pretty early in the morning – call me an early bird. Theres something special about being the first one up. I live in a shared flat with two of my friends. Sometimes I work out in the morning and when I get back from the gym, we make coffee, sit in the kitchen, and all have breakfast together. After that I spend my day at University and enjoy a relaxed night in with my friends, roommates, or my boyfriend. Lüneburg is pretty small compared to where I grew up, but its so aesthetically pleasing just to walk around the city. Its like walking through a fairytale: most of the buildings are very well preserved ever since they have been built in medieval times. How do you describe your at-home style and decor aesthetic? What types of pieces are you drawn to? Im drawn to anything creative: I love interior design, fashion and art. Thats why I enjoy combining colors and shapes in every kind of way. My room is filled with everything thats important to me, theres a lot of personal stuff up on the walls, like posters, photographs, and artwork. You will find old maps, a dreamcatcher and string lights next to my bed. I also burn candles in the fall and wintertime, which I have put in old gin bottles. Lots and lots and LOTS of plants are hanging from the ceiling or are on my desk. I really enjoy what plants do to a room. It feels like a little jungle. I like to combine old vintage pieces with new furniture. How do you make a space feel more cozy in the fall/winter? String lights (!), pillows, candles, and instead of one big light on the ceiling I use various sources of light. Were having a lot of travel wanderlust looking at the landscape photos you share on Instagram. How do your surroundings influence your design aesthetic? I love being out in the nature. Forest, rivers, mountains – I take something from all of them. I get inspired to put up plants, wooden furniture, and old globes. I love natural and soft colors, and you wont find anything neon or very bright in my room. I think its so important to wake up in an environment thats able to calm you down and put you at ease. My favorite object I own is… My bed. Best when covered with an elephant tapestry and lots of pillows. Everyone should own… plants and several lamps or just different sources of lighting. It makes your place homey and cozy in just a second. Do you have any collections? I collect memories and put them on my walls. Entering my room is kind of like getting to know me just by looking at postcards, feathers and artwork which Ive displayed everywhere. Its very personal. Shop Charlottes Picks
- Unique in its design, this romantic tower in the Tudor style contains a charming two bedroom apartment over a garage for two automobiles.Note the Bell-cast eaves, the extravagant finial at the roof peak, the clay chimney pot, Chinese Chippendale balcony rail, wood drip-molding decoration above the garage doors, soaring and impressive buttress, half-timbering brackets, flower box and interesting variety of windows.Inside, a large living room stretches the full 20 width of the building.The dining room is open to the efficient kitchen through an arch.The third level contains a bath and two bedrooms, one with a walk-in closet.This combination of different parts, carefully blended to remain harmonious, gives this delightful small building the spark of a lively work of architecture.The chimney is for the furnace and the flue for the water heater.
- How to make a vertical house number sign for your home exterior, easily mountable right by a front door. Includes a little planter to add some pretty color.
- Greys on greys on greys The bench can be used for putting on your socks/to stand on when hanging a picture or to reach something out of a Kitchen cabinet or it can be used as a bench seating for the side of a breakfast room table.
- Quite possibly the most beautiful laundryroom ever by @dinabandmaninteriors featuring handpainted wallpaper by @degournay. And how perfect is the little doggie bath? Repost @dinabandmaninteriors・・・launderinginthelapofluxury @sfshowcase this room was a labor of love and I couldnt have done it without my fabulous vendors – please come visit me starting tomorrow when sfshowcase opens to the public! biggest shout out to contractor extraordinaire – @samueldiosdado @sidneybuildersinc, @juli
- Home offices / work-spaces have become the norm now that so many people create their careers right at home. Whether you have a spare room or just a nook, understand your needs first and then turn it into a comfortable workspace with the right selection of furniture and designs. Here are some neat, simple, and …
- This 4 bed modern house plan has a striking, angular exterior with stairs to the left going to an upstairs in-law or guest suite complete with a bedroom, living room and kitchen.Double doors open to the foyer and reveal an open floor plan. The back wall of the combined living and dining room opens to connect the space to the outdoor living room.The kitchen has a large island with seating for five and is connected to the family room. There, the right wall slides open getting you access to the outdoor living area.The master suite is off on its own wing and has outdoor access. Two more beds are located across the home, each with outdoor access as well.
- Outdoor Decorating Tips: mix and match chairs at a table to create more seating…
- Great idea for a small bathroom. And if you want to add candles, make them our beautiful (and safe) LED candles. The only candle to put onto a lower shelf. Eyebrow Makeup Tips
- This beautiful 2-story country house plan features a porch that fully wraps around the entire home outside delivers an open concept floor plan inside. The first floor provides an enormous great room complete with wood burning fireplace and great exterior views. The open kitchen features a large island with eating bar and is adjacent to the dining space. The master suite is conveniently located on the first floor as well and features a large shower, dual vanities, and walk-in closet. Upstairs, 2 large bedrooms are provided along with a flex space that is perfect for a study or entertainment area.
- A dramatic and stunning exterior with a courtyard entrance hints at all the luxurious amenities within. This Mediterranean home plan was designed for entertaining on a grand scale with a huge entry hall to greet you upon entering.The receiving area opens to the formal dining room with columns and a tray ceiling. The great room with a fireplace opens to the rear covered veranda, all the better to enjoy the views.The kitchen is huge, with both a large center island and a spacious walk-in pantry and has great rear-facing views.Boasting its own private veranda, the master suite is fit for a king. Relax in your own sitting area with a fireplace or step into the luxurious spa bath with both a walk-in shower and a soaking tub. Even the over-sized walk-in closet has an island!An elaborate curved staircase off the receiving area leads down to the maginficent lower level where the entertaining continues.Wine enthusiasts will love the large wine cellar by the huge wet bar that is big enough for another kitchen.Play pool in the billiards area or step into the home theater for your own private showings.Two guest suites each have their own bath and walk-in closets. One bedroom has a sitting area and would make a perfect in-law suite.Note the giant locker room area that could also function as an exercise room.