Photo via: ext.homedepot.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Just outside of Hamburg, Germany, the home of 22-year-old student Charlotte Wiesiolek is the fall hideaway of our dreams: full of twinkly string lights and piled on textiles, join us on a tour of Charlotte’s space and get her tips for how to make your own place perfectly cozy. Photos by Moritz Peters Safe to say your place is pretty amazing: can you share more about it? I live in the attic story of an old building, and I love the rustic feel of my place and the original wooden roof beams, which give me the chance to hang plants everywhere or pin stuff on the beams. Overall, it feels pretty unique living up here under the roof. I stick my head out of the side of my room and I can see for miles. Also I get to experience many amazing sunsets up here. Can you share more about your daily life? What’s a typical day in the life like for you? I get up pretty early in the morning – call me an early bird. Theres something special about being the first one up. I live in a shared flat with two of my friends. Sometimes I work out in the morning and when I get back from the gym, we make coffee, sit in the kitchen, and all have breakfast together. After that I spend my day at University and enjoy a relaxed night in with my friends, roommates, or my boyfriend. Lüneburg is pretty small compared to where I grew up, but its so aesthetically pleasing just to walk around the city. Its like walking through a fairytale: most of the buildings are very well preserved ever since they have been built in medieval times. How do you describe your at-home style and decor aesthetic? What types of pieces are you drawn to? Im drawn to anything creative: I love interior design, fashion and art. Thats why I enjoy combining colors and shapes in every kind of way. My room is filled with everything thats important to me, theres a lot of personal stuff up on the walls, like posters, photographs, and artwork. You will find old maps, a dreamcatcher and string lights next to my bed. I also burn candles in the fall and wintertime, which I have put in old gin bottles. Lots and lots and LOTS of plants are hanging from the ceiling or are on my desk. I really enjoy what plants do to a room. It feels like a little jungle. I like to combine old vintage pieces with new furniture. How do you make a space feel more cozy in the fall/winter? String lights (!), pillows, candles, and instead of one big light on the ceiling I use various sources of light. Were having a lot of travel wanderlust looking at the landscape photos you share on Instagram. How do your surroundings influence your design aesthetic? I love being out in the nature. Forest, rivers, mountains – I take something from all of them. I get inspired to put up plants, wooden furniture, and old globes. I love natural and soft colors, and you wont find anything neon or very bright in my room. I think its so important to wake up in an environment thats able to calm you down and put you at ease. My favorite object I own is… My bed. Best when covered with an elephant tapestry and lots of pillows. Everyone should own… plants and several lamps or just different sources of lighting. It makes your place homey and cozy in just a second. Do you have any collections? I collect memories and put them on my walls. Entering my room is kind of like getting to know me just by looking at postcards, feathers and artwork which Ive displayed everywhere. Its very personal. Shop Charlottes Picks
- Lorraine Hansberry stated that one should ‘never be afraid to sit a while and think’. What in the world could be more perfect than settling down to reflect on a day passed under a setting sun in an outdoor space all of your own? To follow is a plethora of simple, stunning examples of places to park your posterior that are suitable for the grandest of gardens to the smallest of spaces. So, settle in, get yourself comfortable and poise yourself in the perfect position to enjoy our offering of Easy and Cheap Backyard Seating Ideas.
- Stepping stones that glow in the dark make a helpful and attractive addition to a dark pathway. They also dont require electricity, which makes them useful in areas where…
- Alright folks, we’ve made it across the finish line. Today the 6 week challenge of making over one room is complete! A huge thanks to Linda of Calling It Home for creating this home makeover challenge. Once again participating in this One Room Challenge not only left me with a beautiful space to enjoy with my friends and family, but also led me to find new bloggers who I am excited to follow and find inspiration from. Yesterday the 20 invited designers revealed the fruits of their 6 week labor, and man there are some beautiful and well-designed spaces! I’ll do a big ol’ roundup of my favorites from the Spring 2016 One Room Challenge so come back next week to check that out. But today I’m here to show you my revamped dining room! I’m affectionally calling this the Back in Black Dining Room, not because it was ever …
- Our Victorian Ceiling Corner Stencils adds a traditional design to light fixtures or complements a European style living room, dining room, or entry. You can also paint your ceiling with these other c
- Potted plants are one of the easiest ways to dress up any space! Be sure to check out these gorgeous porch planter ideas and inspiration front and back porches before sprucing up your own outdoor space.
- Bamboo inspired walls aren’t only great to look at but they also help make your surroundings seem fresh and cool. Add smooth white pebbles as your carpet and potted plants and you will be feeling the cool fresh air blowing straight from your balcony.
- This is the solution for to how to hang my string lights on our deck! LOVE it!!
- Okay, these mushroom lights are weird . But they would be cool of someone did a Alice in Wonderland bedroom.
- This might be the best privacy idea weve ever seen!
- Are you a farmhouse style lover? If so these 23 Rustic Farmhouse Decor Ideas will make your day! Check these out for lots of Inspiration!!!
- Increase your curb appeal with these landscaping DIY projects! These 5 front yard landscaping ideas are perfect for beginners and can be done in a weekend. tipsaholic.com yard curbappeal DIY