Photo via: theroadtodomestication.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Greys on greys on greys The bench can be used for putting on your socks/to stand on when hanging a picture or to reach something out of a Kitchen cabinet or it can be used as a bench seating for the side of a breakfast room table.
- Just outside of Hamburg, Germany, the home of 22-year-old student Charlotte Wiesiolek is the fall hideaway of our dreams: full of twinkly string lights and piled on textiles, join us on a tour of Charlotte’s space and get her tips for how to make your own place perfectly cozy. Photos by Moritz Peters Safe to say your place is pretty amazing: can you share more about it? I live in the attic story of an old building, and I love the rustic feel of my place and the original wooden roof beams, which give me the chance to hang plants everywhere or pin stuff on the beams. Overall, it feels pretty unique living up here under the roof. I stick my head out of the side of my room and I can see for miles. Also I get to experience many amazing sunsets up here. Can you share more about your daily life? What’s a typical day in the life like for you? I get up pretty early in the morning – call me an early bird. Theres something special about being the first one up. I live in a shared flat with two of my friends. Sometimes I work out in the morning and when I get back from the gym, we make coffee, sit in the kitchen, and all have breakfast together. After that I spend my day at University and enjoy a relaxed night in with my friends, roommates, or my boyfriend. Lüneburg is pretty small compared to where I grew up, but its so aesthetically pleasing just to walk around the city. Its like walking through a fairytale: most of the buildings are very well preserved ever since they have been built in medieval times. How do you describe your at-home style and decor aesthetic? What types of pieces are you drawn to? Im drawn to anything creative: I love interior design, fashion and art. Thats why I enjoy combining colors and shapes in every kind of way. My room is filled with everything thats important to me, theres a lot of personal stuff up on the walls, like posters, photographs, and artwork. You will find old maps, a dreamcatcher and string lights next to my bed. I also burn candles in the fall and wintertime, which I have put in old gin bottles. Lots and lots and LOTS of plants are hanging from the ceiling or are on my desk. I really enjoy what plants do to a room. It feels like a little jungle. I like to combine old vintage pieces with new furniture. How do you make a space feel more cozy in the fall/winter? String lights (!), pillows, candles, and instead of one big light on the ceiling I use various sources of light. Were having a lot of travel wanderlust looking at the landscape photos you share on Instagram. How do your surroundings influence your design aesthetic? I love being out in the nature. Forest, rivers, mountains – I take something from all of them. I get inspired to put up plants, wooden furniture, and old globes. I love natural and soft colors, and you wont find anything neon or very bright in my room. I think its so important to wake up in an environment thats able to calm you down and put you at ease. My favorite object I own is… My bed. Best when covered with an elephant tapestry and lots of pillows. Everyone should own… plants and several lamps or just different sources of lighting. It makes your place homey and cozy in just a second. Do you have any collections? I collect memories and put them on my walls. Entering my room is kind of like getting to know me just by looking at postcards, feathers and artwork which Ive displayed everywhere. Its very personal. Shop Charlottes Picks
- Its getting real, yall. House hunting is about to seriously happen and Im dreaming of houses. None of these are by any means exactly what Im looking for or will be getting, but because theyre inspiring. And unfortunately, these lovely classic Charleston homes (see photo above for an example) are way too far out of…
- 19 Amazing Dream Playrooms – A childs play is serious business. How great would it be to give them the playroom of their dreams? Check out some of these amazing playrooms to add to your dream house someday.
- This spectacular Shingle style home plan has every imagineable luxury spread out over three levels plus a rooftop widows walk and loft.Every room is a generous size and the home is filled with details such as an elaborate curved staircase, residential elevator, huge craft room and wrap-around porches that go on forever.On the second floor, the luxurious master suite has a separate sitting room and its own private deck as well as an enormous spa bath and room-sized walk-in closet.If that isnt enough space, a whole lower level adds everything from a movie theater, exercise room and a second kitchen to aid in entertaining.At 11,000 square feet, this is truly a dream home.Related Plan: For a smaller version (7,895 sq. ft.) without the lower level, see house plan 23412JD.NOTE: Additional fees apply when building in the State of Washington. Contact us for more information.
- I will be honest here, I prefer the second Sims game out of all of them. However, the third game is perfect for practising your home organisation skills. Depends what you want to do with it; I play both for their strength.
- Are you a farmhouse style lover? If so these 23 Rustic Farmhouse Decor Ideas will make your day! Check these out for lots of Inspiration!!!
- We talked about what home decor trends we were ready to part with in 2015, so we thought we would chat a little about some trends we predict to be wildly popular in 2016. Here we go! 1. CUSTOM TILES We shared our love for patterned tile with you before, and shared some beautiful inspirat
- If your deck looks drained and dull, give it a boost with these refreshing ideas.
- Nothing beats sitting on a front porch with a glass of sweet tea in hand during the summer. Let Jeff Ganger remodel the outside of your home to look like this, or if you have other ideas just give him a call and he can help meet your needs. 662-316-0450
- How to make a vertical house number sign for your home exterior, easily mountable right by a front door. Includes a little planter to add some pretty color.
- Credit: Pharaoh Storehouse Use this trick to store cans and save pantry space! If you live in a small apartment, this could be vital! … Credit: Houzz This is one of those “why didn’t I think of that?” ideas. No longer will you have to take out every single …