Photo via: amazinginteriordesign.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Just outside of Hamburg, Germany, the home of 22-year-old student Charlotte Wiesiolek is the fall hideaway of our dreams: full of twinkly string lights and piled on textiles, join us on a tour of Charlotte’s space and get her tips for how to make your own place perfectly cozy. Photos by Moritz Peters Safe to say your place is pretty amazing: can you share more about it? I live in the attic story of an old building, and I love the rustic feel of my place and the original wooden roof beams, which give me the chance to hang plants everywhere or pin stuff on the beams. Overall, it feels pretty unique living up here under the roof. I stick my head out of the side of my room and I can see for miles. Also I get to experience many amazing sunsets up here. Can you share more about your daily life? What’s a typical day in the life like for you? I get up pretty early in the morning – call me an early bird. Theres something special about being the first one up. I live in a shared flat with two of my friends. Sometimes I work out in the morning and when I get back from the gym, we make coffee, sit in the kitchen, and all have breakfast together. After that I spend my day at University and enjoy a relaxed night in with my friends, roommates, or my boyfriend. Lüneburg is pretty small compared to where I grew up, but its so aesthetically pleasing just to walk around the city. Its like walking through a fairytale: most of the buildings are very well preserved ever since they have been built in medieval times. How do you describe your at-home style and decor aesthetic? What types of pieces are you drawn to? Im drawn to anything creative: I love interior design, fashion and art. Thats why I enjoy combining colors and shapes in every kind of way. My room is filled with everything thats important to me, theres a lot of personal stuff up on the walls, like posters, photographs, and artwork. You will find old maps, a dreamcatcher and string lights next to my bed. I also burn candles in the fall and wintertime, which I have put in old gin bottles. Lots and lots and LOTS of plants are hanging from the ceiling or are on my desk. I really enjoy what plants do to a room. It feels like a little jungle. I like to combine old vintage pieces with new furniture. How do you make a space feel more cozy in the fall/winter? String lights (!), pillows, candles, and instead of one big light on the ceiling I use various sources of light. Were having a lot of travel wanderlust looking at the landscape photos you share on Instagram. How do your surroundings influence your design aesthetic? I love being out in the nature. Forest, rivers, mountains – I take something from all of them. I get inspired to put up plants, wooden furniture, and old globes. I love natural and soft colors, and you wont find anything neon or very bright in my room. I think its so important to wake up in an environment thats able to calm you down and put you at ease. My favorite object I own is… My bed. Best when covered with an elephant tapestry and lots of pillows. Everyone should own… plants and several lamps or just different sources of lighting. It makes your place homey and cozy in just a second. Do you have any collections? I collect memories and put them on my walls. Entering my room is kind of like getting to know me just by looking at postcards, feathers and artwork which Ive displayed everywhere. Its very personal. Shop Charlottes Picks
- Fantastic entry! now just make it so you can cover that up when it storms and its like a perfect little shelter to watch the rain! would want it to be bigger with more space though.
- ALL DRESSED UP FOR THE HOLIDAYS…If you ever wondered what an old-fashioned Christmas really looked like, the Victorian House in Millersburg, Ohio will cure your curiosity. http://brucestambaugh.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/victorianhouseatnight.jpg
- I really dont decorate with green, but pops of green look amazing in so many ways. Here are inspiration pics on how to incorporate Green into your home. Find all the sources below; you can also find everything on my Pinterest Page, Here. 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 /…
- Make your own fun and memories this summer with a set of DIY yard dice to use for dozens of outdoor games for family and kids! Use inexpensive 4x4s or even scraps for a cheap weekend project or gift idea.
- Royal blue…It pairs so well with all shades of teal; I just love it! Here are inspiration pics on how to incorporate Royal Blue into your home. Find all the sources below; you can also find everything on my Pinterest Page, Here. 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7…
- This two-story Mediterranean luxury house plan has a gorgeous second floor master suite. The bayed sitting nook is just the right size for a chaise lounge and twin walk-in closets are off in a hall dressing area. The spacious first floor has a banquet-size dining room and a massive living room with fireplace. In the kitchen, a peninsula eating bar overlooks the family room where double doors open to the rear covered patio. A cabana bathroom keeps wet feet outside after a dip in the pool should you add one. A first floor guest suite also opens up to the rear of the home. The second floor hall overlooks the foyer and the living room.
- 4 Ways to style Decorative Trays by Jennifer Allwood of theMagicBrushinc.com. This table decor functions as a coffee station. Tray Decor is a fun way to decorate for fall and the holidays, style coffee tables and counters. Just put a cute tray under it and make it table decor!
- A dramatic and stunning exterior with a courtyard entrance hints at all the luxurious amenities within. This Mediterranean home plan was designed for entertaining on a grand scale with a huge entry hall to greet you upon entering.The receiving area opens to the formal dining room with columns and a tray ceiling. The great room with a fireplace opens to the rear covered veranda, all the better to enjoy the views.The kitchen is huge, with both a large center island and a spacious walk-in pantry and has great rear-facing views.Boasting its own private veranda, the master suite is fit for a king. Relax in your own sitting area with a fireplace or step into the luxurious spa bath with both a walk-in shower and a soaking tub. Even the over-sized walk-in closet has an island!An elaborate curved staircase off the receiving area leads down to the maginficent lower level where the entertaining continues.Wine enthusiasts will love the large wine cellar by the huge wet bar that is big enough for another kitchen.Play pool in the billiards area or step into the home theater for your own private showings.Two guest suites each have their own bath and walk-in closets. One bedroom has a sitting area and would make a perfect in-law suite.Note the giant locker room area that could also function as an exercise room.
- Greys on greys on greys The bench can be used for putting on your socks/to stand on when hanging a picture or to reach something out of a Kitchen cabinet or it can be used as a bench seating for the side of a breakfast room table.
- The exterior of the Messerall’s home was dated, but I loved its potential. We decided on painting the brick this soft bluish-grey color. This started us off with a fresh palette to build on. To bring in dimension and break up all of the brick, we decided to stone-in the chimney. We also tore out all of the green shrubs and added fresh landscaping. To add a comfortable space for them to sit outside and drink their morning coffee, we extended their front porch out and added white wooden railin…
- small, charming I could live in a small home with THIS cute patio… I can still have my morning study and coffee! Y